Alpha roadmap anything?

Any news about it? As of now any news is a lot of talk and screenshots which is nice but for me not that intresting. Then i read stuff like that:

What’s Next? PAX East!

While we won’t have a public demo at PAX East, we’ll be demoing Underworld Ascendant behind closed doors for press and influencers, and giving them a chance to play the games themselves.

What about us bakers? Or is this behind the Door Demo still the old pre-alpha? Dont get me wrong it takes longer then expectet i knew but a little bit of information about the stuff i paid for a year ago wouldnˋt hurt.

I’m waiting for the Alpha on Linux. Hope I don’t get disappointed.

@Otherside: if you’ve got the Alpha for Windows ready and Linux/Mac is responsible for the delay: DON’T. Release the Windows build and get the Linux/Mac versions out later.

Good timing for that question as we’re working on the timing of the backer Alpha build right now. Don’t hold me to it (especially since we have to coordinate still with our publisher about it), but we’re currently thinking around the E3 timeframe and plan to make a call on that in the next few weeks.

For PAX East, we’re going to be showing the “untraining” level (i.e., the basic training level). That’s for a few reasons: 1) we’re still generating awareness and there are a lot of people that don’t know much about the game and this level is a good starting point to tee up the background and give them a sense of the game play, 2) it’s a the right size and amount of playtime for the sessions (30 min per session that includes our intro presentation), and 3) it’s actually a good level to get feedback on, particularly from people unfamiliar with this type of game.

With that in mind, we felt like sharing this PAX build would not be enough content to call it the “Alpha.”

;D
Very much looking forward…

Anyway, what are you saying exactly? Will the backers get an Alpha with more levels? What once was called “the vertical slice” of some sort? Will it be possible to additionally get the PAX release? Or is this “untraining level” also included in the Alpha?

Anyway, what are you saying exactly? Will the backers get an Alpha with more levels? What once was called "the vertical slice" of some sort? Will it be possible to additionally get the PAX release? Or is this "untraining level" also included in the Alpha?

Since we’re not sure what we’ll have in the Alpha yet, I’m trying to avoid getting hopes up (or down for that matter). But, what we’re thinking at the moment, is to have it include the PAX level plus one of the more finished levels to give you guys a more open-ended space to play around in. With more of the underlying systems, gameplay mechanics and spells/abilities, etc. up and running (but not finished or final), we hope that it offers a glimpse into the signature immersive sim gameplay we want to be known for.

That sounds good. Thanks.
I would not like to not get what you describe as the PAX build. That would be “hopes down” but since you say it will be included, I’m happy!