Constantly crashing

I can barely get anywhere without the game crashing, and I have to start right back at the beginning. The saved games don’t seem to load up. I haven’t gotten very far as it crashes within about five minutes or less.

Running on a:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
macOS Mojave ver 10.14.1 (18B75)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Pretty sure Linux and Mac haven’t been officially released yet.

It’s on steam as a full release… and I’ve seen a Windows user with the exact same complaint on the steam forums (game crashes when entering the first portal).

This is correct. They made a mistake in the 1.03 hotfix that enabled downloading of the Mac build in an unstable state. Linux/OSX is not scheduled to be released until mid to end of January 2019, or later.

Edit:

See https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=6148.msg35251#msg35251

Edit 2:

You can check /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports for a crash log.

Alright… so check back in a couple months? It is useful to mail in the logs, or likely they already know the problems with the OSX version?
All the “crashes” (abort) are the same:
BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBPLATFORM: Trying to recursively lock an os_unfair_lock

Looks like I botched my mental calculation. I think they’re trying to get it out by end of year. They estimated 30-45 days on November 7.

The crash report probably isn’t useful. They know it’s not ready and are likely to encounter most launch bugs in their internal development.

At this point, I don’t think we’re going to be on that previous schedule we thought we were (i.e., the 30-45 days)–there’s enough to fix in the game right now that getting much of the devs attention and we’d also like to bring that over to the MAC/Linux builds. We’ve proposed some ways to make it up to the MAC/Linux backers to 505 and I’m waiting to hear back before passing them on to you guys. In the meantime, I’m hoping we can get a build up for testing for those of you that are interested.