Is it worth using SCP with the current DN build of System shock 2?

Just wandering if it’s worth using the SCP mod with the current version of System Shock 2 available on Steam and gog.com I’m kind of a purist and prefer to play the game as intended. In some cases I’ll make exceptions such as the GMDX mod for Deus Ex. But I’ve replayed that game a dozen times. I’ve only played thogh System Shock once.

I now play a modded SS2 (compared to the original I’ve played ever since it was released), and haven’t noticed problems without SCP.

That said, since I haven’t used it I can’t say whether it might make the game more enjoyable for you or not.

In addition to the SS2Tool patch, I use: SS2 Four Hundred, SHTUP-ND, Rebirth, and several from Vurt: Flora Overhaul, Hi-Res Space, Water, and Organics. The graphics improvements really freshen up this game.

If you haven’t seen it, a nice guide to getting and applying these is the SS2 Newbie Modding Guide.

If you elect to try some of these, let us know what you think!

If you already played through the game, it’s at least worth trying mods once. You can just go back to playing vanilla, if you don’t like them.